Saturday, July 19, 2014

Hello hello! 
 
This week was great!! To start off I will tell you about our very 
wonderful eventful pday we have had today! It consisted of the usual 
quilting at the church win Brenda and other ladies which by the way 
I've finished my quilt while I've been here! It's super cute. Then it 
was off to blueberry picking in Albany with sis Robbins the relief 
society president and they were so yummy and juicy! It was so fun and 
my first time doing it! Then she dropped us off at costco to meet 
sister Glenn and her daughters Grace Ella and alyse! They are the 
branch presidents family and we did some of our shopping there. Oh my 
goodness they are soo cute and fun! I can't even explain how much I 
love them. A lot of people feel like family here. And we have dinner 
with them at 6! 
 
Brother Charles Thompson is plugging along! We have a lot of contact 
with him this week and I got to cut his hair on sat. And was able to 
do some service for him and we brought a less active Kathy with us and 
that was a good opportunity for her! The lesson we had on Saturday was 
amazing we focused in on repentance and feeling godly sorrow and it 
was definitely what he needed to learn more about. The spirit was 
really strong as we talked about certain things and him talking and 
thinking about his wife again. Idk why but all three of us were 
crying. We had already said a closing prayer and then after talking 
more about a gospel principle that needed to be understood. We said 
another one and it was my turn....oh man I couldn't say it without 
crying. It probably was one of the most heartfelt prayers I've said in 
awhile and that lesson was probably the most spiritual lessons I've 
had on my mission..because we love Charles so much!! He is still 
working on quitting smoking and so this week we are really going to 
help him nip it in the bum! He has wonderful Amuleks and lots of 
people praying for him. 
 
We had another wonderful experience yesterday as we went to a la home 
named Sandra! We have visited her a few time and this time we brought 
a member with us her name is Chandra and she is amazing and so loving. 
Sandra told us she has some anxiety meeting new people but it went so 
well! We talked for a little bit and I told Sandra if you want you 
should tell Chandra your conversion story and so she did that really 
helped Chandra to see where she stood with the church which is very 
strong but hasen't been to church in a very long time and is feeling 
really broken and she opened up a lot more and as she cried. Chandra 
just asked if she could giver her a hug and told her that she has a 
light and she has so much to give and then proceeded to say come sit 
at church with me and my family next Sunday we would really love 
that!" Let me tell you this is why member and missionaries work 
together because we went 10 steps forward with Sandra and she really 
has so much to give, her conversion and testimony is unshakeable she 
just says "I know it's true" we never could of done what Chandra did 
for Sandra in one appt! It would have take. Us maybe 10 more if we 
never brought a member. She related to her so well and I was In tears 
watching this happen right before my eyes. And I know it was a very 
good experience for Chandra she just kept saying it's been a good day, 
it been a good day! 
 
We also had exchanges with our wonderful stls=super training leaders 
jk it's sister training leaders! I was in Albany with sister Palmer 
and we had a wonderful day and the main thing I really loved was that 
last time we were on exchange there we had dinner with the same family 
and I felt like I should bring my hair cutting stuff! And it turns out 
the mom is home alone while her husband is doing side jobs in Utah and 
also hasen't been able to find a steady job for three years and so I 
got to give hair cuts to three of five kids! She was so appreciative 
and I know that they really needed it. She is a amazing mom! While we 
were there she asked us what our parents did to strength our 
testimonies growing up! I thought that was a really cool question and 
she wanted advice for her family. It was so sweet. This day was also 
my year mark! Woop woop! 
 
We did service for a family the mcphersons I have talked about them 
before that we always do service for. We are super close with them and 
they are really good friends with Chandra's family and the Glenn's. We 
have all been praying and waiting for his heart to be soften to god or 
religion or general. He is gone six months out of the year. We know 
it's something that Angie has wanted more and more over time as she 
has learned more and expressed to her member friends. Anyways so while 
service was happening she said something that was interesting about 
her 5 and 3 year old boys asking questions about god and religion that 
they can't answer. And so we gave her the idea of us coming over for 
dinner like we have before but with Jason her hubby there so we can 
share a message with them! She didn't seem to excited because she 
knows how her husband would react but she ended up calling Chandra 
later and telling her she wants to take the lessons from us. She would 
be a wonderful member of the church and I know it would bless there 
family so much. It's funny because we heard from Chandra that Duncan 
had said to his mom "mom do we believe in god? And she said yes Duncan 
we do and he said no we don't and she said yes we do Duncan we believe 
in god and then he said no if we believed in god we would go to church 
like Chandra and Sarah's family." Duncan and Tristan are super sweet 
and really close to the spirit I have seen it many times. So that 
dinner thing is happening this week!:) 
 
We weren't able to teach Patricks family but we made another appt. for 
this Wednesday and we are super excited! I hope that it will work out 
this time and we have some good Amuleks set up for them! I love doing 
the lords work and am so glad to be a missionary at this time. Im so 
thankful for the gospel in my life and the many blessing it brings I 
can't imagine my life without it and I know that it is and will be a 
wonderful foundation as the world seems to be going the complete 
opposite way. I love the fact that the gospel is all over the world it 
inspires me! 
Love always and forever sister heywood! 
Best decision I ever made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment